“A Place to Remember”
At Tamarisk, we are committed to providing the highest quality of specialized care to residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory impairment. To best serve these residents’ needs, we have developed the Renaissance Memory Support Program located on the ground floor of Tamarisk in a specially designed and dedicated wing. Renaissance offers nineteen studio and companion apartments.
Our holistic approach to care, offered by a trained and certified resident focused staff, includes an enriched nutrition and dining program and a personalized plan of care developed with information provided by families. We embrace a philosophy that recognizes the importance of preserving dignity, celebrating individuality, encouraging participation and evoking laughter, trust and love.
A supportive, failure free and sensory enhancing environment sets the stage for residents to thrive in a community that nurtures their body, mind and spirit. Carefully chosen color schemes, lighting and furniture complete the homelike, cottage style of this residence.
State of the art programming is designed for resident involvement, including therapeutic activities that incorporate life skills and experiences. Such as, exercise, outings, music therapy, drama therapy, baking and household chores, reminiscence and spiritual programs. Our Renaissance Memory Support Program has an expansive outdoor courtyard and heirloom perennial gardens for residents to tend and enjoy.
- The Renaissance Memory Support Program is designed to meet the specific needs of each resident by personalizing services, fostering their independence and enhancing their self-esteem.
- Programs encourage the continuation of familiar activities, interests and social interaction which has been the mainstay of residents’ lives prior to the challenge of memory loss.
- Gentle reminders, structure and support reinforce each resident’s current abilities.
The Renaissance Memory Support Program at Tamarisk is recognized nationally as a community that sets the standard for excellence in Alzheimer’s care.
All Tamarisk staff are trained and certified in Dementia/Alzheimer’s care by the National Alzheimer’s Association. Additionally, staff receives the following ongoing training:
- A Dignified Life; The“Best Friends” Approach to Alzheimer’s Care; A Guide for Family Caregivers Virginia Bell MSW and David Troxel MPH
- “The Alzheimer’s Whisperer” Verna Benner Carson PhD, APRN, PMH Rebecca R. Smarr PT, BS, COS – C
- “Learning to Speak Alzheimer’s” Joanne Koenig – Coste
- Care & Safety Approach – Dr. Ricardo Barrera
- “Dining with Dementia”